Friday, March 25, 2011

Out-of-body experiences, remote viewing, extraterrestrials...oh my!

I’m reading a book right now called Cosmic Voyage by Courtney Brown. I think I found this book at a library sale for $0.25 more than 10 years ago (in my early twenties). I remember at that time trying to read it and having to put it away. I said to myself in my head when I first started reading it, “I’m not ready for this yet.” At the time, what was being presented seemed so outlandish to me that my mind was unwilling to open itself up to the book at all.

Since then, I have read the book a few times and I'm almost finished with another read-through right now. I don’t know why I have been drawn to this text on more than one occasion. The author talks about using remote viewing techniques to discover the history and presence of extraterrestrials and UFOs on Earth and Mars, and also claims to have communicated with “subspace” beings who do not live in physical form but who influence goings-on here on our planet. Even further, he claims to have communications with a Galactic Federation and even Jesus himself.

The subject matter seems so crazy and out there, but it is also absolutely fascinating and captivating at the same time. I have no idea if there is any truth or validity to what is in this book, but I find it hard to put down. Maybe the reason it is so interesting is because it is so outrageous. I don’t know if there is any truth within the pages of this book, but it is thought-provoking nonetheless. I feel like there are truths weaved throughout this book, but there are other parts that seem way too out there for me.

However, I like his recommended program for person mind expansion to potentially validate his findings for myself. I have always wanted to take a Transcendental Meditation course and visit The Monroe Institute and participate in the Gateway Voyage program. I’ve even seen Remote Viewing courses offered at the Omega Institute that pique my interest. I have read Robert Monroe’s books myself and there is a lot of fascinating information there that I think deserves a further look. I haven’t had the opportunity as of yet to explore any of those classes, but they remain on my wish list of to-do’s.

I personally had an out-of-body experience when I was seven years old after being hit by a car. I didn't realize at the time that I had an OOB experience, because I wasn't aware of that being a potentially strange thing. But I remember watching my body being put in the ambulance on a stretcher and seeing all the people lined up on the side of the street watching what was happening. I later woke up in my body at the hospital. But I am convinced because of that experience that we are not our physical bodies and that the spirit lives on after our physical form expires.

Since that experience, I have read many books on the afterlife, out-of-body experiences, reincarnation, and other unconventional topics. I have also had communications through psychic mediums with relatives who have died. I know there is a lot of skepticism about this topic, but I am wholly confident in the integrity of the readings I received. Even my grandfather, who is a very skeptical and cynical person, said he was floating above his body after having heart surgery.

There's so much to learn and explore and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of Knowing. I’ve actually talked to my husband about Transcendental Meditation. When our daughter is a little bit older, I would love for all of us to learn how to practice TM together and make it a part of our daily family life. I think it would just be wonderful and so exciting to explore the nature of reality together.

No comments:

Post a Comment