Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome to "Seeking the Secret" blog

3/22/11

I’ve spent many years searching for my own sense of spirituality, reading self-help and self-discovery books, digging through ancient religious texts in search of obvious and hidden messages and meanings. All of this has led me to a loose set of universal beliefs about how the Universe works, what God is, and what the meaning of my Life is.

Much of what I believe falls in line with New Thought concepts and Law of Attraction principles, which was popularized and brought into mainstream consciousness a few years back by the book and movie called The Secret.  Words shared by authors like Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Cheryl Richardson, Pema Chodron, Eckhart Tolle, Marianne Williamson, Ernest Holmes, and Louise Hay resonate deeply inside me. But I know I have so much more to learn and so much further to go on my journey of self-discovery and self-remembering.

In the best of times, I feel pretty well aligned with the Universe and experience the pleasure of synchronistic events like always getting a perfect parking spot when and where I need it. Unfortunately, I’ve never seemed to be able to find the discipline, insight or faith to take it any further than that and truly experience Grace in any sort of consistent or miraculous way. I know there is so much more of myself calling to me to come home to it and unveil the spiritual being that I truly am at the core of my being.

I am starting this blog in the hopes that it will prod me to more deeply explore the meaning of my existence and how I can become more self-realized through the exploration of different spiritual texts and practices. I called this blog “Seeking the Secret” because I am still searching for answers and meaning in my life. I want to use this blog as a way to explore and expand my understanding of spirituality and what it means to be alive and part of the unified fabric of this infinite Universe.

If you somehow cross paths with me here, I thank you for taking the time to read this blog and hope that you will find something here that speaks to you. I hope you will also share your stories, thoughts and feelings with me if you feel so inspired. I believe there is something to be learned from everyone we meet and every moment we experience.

Namaste,
Elliana


No comments:

Post a Comment