Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shirley MacLaine's "Out on a Limb"

I’m reading Shirley MacLaine’s book Out on a Limb. I saw the movie miniseries a long time ago, probably 10-15 years ago and really haven’t thought of it since. I know I enjoyed the movie at the time and remember it having some pretty outrageous concepts in it. I remember Shirley MacLaine meeting an extraterrestrial, which I found hard to believe at the time. I also remember her with her arms up in the air shouting out, “I am God!” I also found that a bit odd back then, but now I’m not so sure it’s all that outlandish or crazy a concept.

I love all the quotes from the writings of other Law of Attraction thinkers throughout history that begin each chapter of the book – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Albert Einstein, Henry David Thoreau, Kant, Balzac, and so many others that I’ve never even heard of before now. I need to go back and take some notes of all the authors and writings she mentions so I can read them myself too and continue my exploration and journey of reality and consciousness.

I am only about halfway through the book, so I don’t know what the whole thing is about. I honestly can only remember snippets from the movie since it has been so long since I watched it. But right now, she is exploring channeling, reincarnation and the nature of reality. It is so fascinating and intriguing! I feel like I am only scratching the surface of All That Is, and it is already mind boggling. But it also thrilling and exciting and awesome.

A couple of weeks ago I was on my computer and a little voice in my head whispered, “Out on a Limb.” I don’t know why but I listened to it and immediately went to Amazon.com and ordered the book. I am so glad I did. I am resonating with it so well. I am so busy that I can only read it in short bursts here and there, but find myself taking any spare moment I can to get back to it.

Lately, I have been feeling guided toward different decisions and circumstances. It sounds almost superstitious and kooky to say it in writing here, but that’s what it feels like. Perhaps we are always guided by something greater than ourselves and I am only becoming more aware of that guidance right now. I don’t know. I just feel in my bones that I am being directed in some way, on some path. The confusing part is...am I attracting these circumstances to myself through Law of Attraction principles? Or is there some spiritual guide in the non-physical realm guiding me? Or is it some portion of both? It is so much to try to get my head around!

Whatever is happening, it makes me feel alive and excited about what I am learning. I hope whatever is happening that I continue on what feels like an accelerating path of spiritual discovery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment